I am pleased to announce that we wil be moving to a larger venue from next week. Starting on Friday 4th October we will be training in the Paul Lewis Community Centre. Only the venue will be changing. Timings will remain the same, Juniors from 6pm to 7:30pm and Seniors from 7:30pm to 9:00pm. This is the same venue that we used recently for the Summer Course and BBQ.
The date and venue for this year’s Atemi Nationals have been confirmed. The Atemi competition sees students competing in Gauntlets and Vs, defending against multiple attacks in a controlled but intensive environment. The following details and advice have been received from the event organisers:
The senior instructors and the competition team are really looking forward to seeing you and your Jiu jitsu club members at the junior atemi competition on 19th October. Here is some information and a couple of requests.
- Competitors must be registered online via TJJF website by midnight on Wednesday 16th October 2019 and clubs should make payment by Thursday 17th October 2019, so please pass payment on to your club in advance of that if you are going.
The anticipated timetable for the day is:
|Saturday 19th October 2019 Phoenix Sports and Leisure Centre, Duce Drive, Dawley Telford, TF4 3JS|
|Arrival and registration||09:30||lay out mats|
Jiu Jitsu Course for Juniors|
Grading and hakama/ senior primary assessments
|10:30||Taught by Senior instructors|
|Finish & put away mats & home||17:30|
Please be aware that these times might slip a bit on the day, but we will aim to keep to them.
Tips for the day
- Please ensure that your licence (membership) is up to date and inform the instructor A.S.A.P. if it is about to run out.
- Please ensure that your child’s nails are kept short to reduce the chance of injury.
- Pack a lunch and snacks and plenty of fluid.
- Bring any medications with you /.g. inhaler, insulin etc.
We look forward to seeing you and your club on the Saturday 19th October at
Phoenix Sports and Leisure Centre.
Yours in Budo on behalf of the competition team,
Sensei Ady Tredwell
Paul Lewis Community CentreGlyndwr Avenue
Saint Athan CF62 4PP
Contact & Lesson Times
Friday: 6.00pm – 7.30pm
Friday: 7.30pm – 9.00pm